Let's Get This... Started *Bass Drop*
Hello, and welcome! To freshmen joining Berkeley, congratulations! Get ready for the craziest 4 years of your life.
To all of you, welcome to your amazing journey through 61A.
First and Foremost
Here's my email:
[email protected]. Please, please, please reach out. I can't help you if I don't know you need help.
The point of 61A is to make you great thinkers of Computer Science first, and great programmers second.
The concepts are hard and abstract and, gotta be honest, occassionally annoying. My hope is for you to see how this class is the foundation on which your CS journey is based.
Check out Lecture 0 for more.
You may be feeling overwhelmed by the amount of activities that 61A has. Word of advise –– don't worry, you're not expected to do all of them. The purpose of this overflow of info is not to scare you away but to let you know that you have as much support as you need and more.
Throughout our discussions, I hope to:
- - Show you how the concepts that you are learning are applied in real life
- - Teach you how to think critically and break down problems
- - Teach you to built up smaller pieces into impressive large, cohesive programs
And, of course,
- Make you the best 61A student that you can be.
- You get as much out of this class as you put in.
- If you ever need help of any sort, you can reach out to me. Class related or not. I'm invested in your success.
All the best, and Go Bears!